Main aim of the charity
Rotary International gives to the community the opportunity to have better life and better environment. It works within 06 main domains :
- Promotion of peace
- Fight against diseases
- Provision of drinking water
- Maternal and child health
- Development of local economies
Example of one of the local club perspectives :
Give to students in a primary school named Vohibendrana a better work place to motivate them to continue their studies. Indeed, this school was destroyed by cyclone AVA in 2017 and could never been restored. The children have no more correct classroom and materials to work with.
Restore this primary school includes :
- build again the classroom wall and roof with local materials
- restore the classroom floors
- replace school benches and tables
How the employee got involved and why
I started to be a Rotary club International member since March 2019. I joined this association because of its values to which I fully adhere : integrity, diversity, helping hands, leadership and fellowship
What work does the employee do for charity?
One of my passions is to give my time, my energy and my ideas to do good deeds around me. To do so, I actively participate in Rotary Club actions, of which I’m actually a member in Tamatave - Madagascar. These actions are mainly aimed at helping those in need. Only this year, I could organize and realize helping hand projects, with all Rotary members in my city, such as:
- Giving cereal and pure drinking water to a nutritional center
- Giving medical supplies to a health center
- Anti-Covid 19 assistance (products and equipment) to the municipality
- Contribution to create a healthy model village
Apart from my participation in these activities, I also made a donation of 1000 USD to Rotary Club international foundation. This donation is important for me because my contribution, as modest as it is, will allow the whole club to continue its charitable actions, especially in my region, Tamatave.