DHL Express Latvia Charity football tournament
Main aim of the charity
The main aim is for SOS Villages in Latvia kids, that kids can come together with different organizations/companies, to talk to each other, maybe some of the companies who participated will donate some money after the tournament as well, but these kids had a chance to play football with BIG Boyes (DHL Team), they had a chance to see that in life there is options to grow, to be good as a human, that there are friendship, respect for others. Football brings that together. It was so heartwarming to see these kids smiling all the tournament time.
How the employee got involved and why
I'm passionate about football and charity, so i combined it together. I really like to help people and kids especially. When did this idea start to show up in my head, already 3 years ago. Because of C19, i had to skip it, but this year was the year, so i started to plan and visit people, Football Federation in July, i knew that it will not happen in summer as its vacation time, so the date was 10/09.
What work does the employee do for charity
What i did:
1. started with the idea, to have a charity football tournament;
2. Contacted Latvian Football Federation for corporation;
3. Start to spread the idea and concept to our SMT team, to have a money budget;
4. Talked with beverages companies for corporations to have a lunch break for players and supporters;
5. Organized professional referees;
6. Organize a DHL team to particapate;
7. Organize a host with music for the tournament;
8. Together with SLS we talked with potential customers who would be interested in playing and donating money.
This all took around two months of preparation, i did it with a full heart ar i manage to combine two of my most important parts hobby (football) and a charity project. Several meetings with Football Federation and several meetings with all parts, helped me to have this possible. As well i did manage to have free picas and donats from two beverages. companies.